According to the Nepal government, late Thursday night, decided to temporarily stop issuing on-arrival tourist visas to all countries and has put an end to all spring mountaineering expeditions including Everest expeditions.
The decision comes a day after the World Health Organization declared the Covid-19 outbreak a PANDEMIC and urged countries to take precautionary measures. “The visa suspension, which excludes diplomatic and official visas, will come into effect on March 14 and last until April 30”
“ The visa suspension, which excludes diplomatic and official visas, will come into effect on March 14 and last until April 30,” a government official told the post on condition of anonymity.
Some of the measure decision done by Government of Nepal
- Visa-on-arrival for all the foreigners has been suspended for aforementioned period
- All foreigners with a prior valid visa of Nepal has to summit a swab test PCR health certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival date to Nepal and must be summited at the immigration office
- Any foreign nations including NRSs willing to visit Nepal for compelling reasons may contact to Nepali diplomatic missions abroad. A recent swab test PCR health certificate issued minimum 7 days before their arrival to Nepal is mandatory along with visa application and it has to be submitted at the immigration office TIA.
- On-arrival-visa (Gratis) facility granted to Non-Resident Nepalese card holders is also suspended for the aforementioned period.
- All foreign nationals entering Nepal since 14th March 2020 are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine and Nepali nations including NRNs are subjected to stay in Home Quarantine for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- Foreigners with Business, study and working visa travelling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine for 14 days.
- Foreigners with diplomatic and official visa entering Nepal for the first tie or travelling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine for 14 days
- All Nepali nationals residing abroad are requested to avoid non-essential travel and are urged to follow high precautionary measures.
- All the land ports of entry in Nepal remain closed for arrival in Nepal during the aforementioned period to the foreigners from third countries and are requested to use Tribhuvan International Airport only.
- All the permits for mountaineering expeditions issued, and to be issued for spring 2020 season are suspended.
Nepal immigration urged to the diplomatic missions of Nepal representing abroad and foreign missions in Nepal are requested to acknowledge and circulate this notice accordingly.
The meeting also decided to restrict traveler movement to and from India via land routes and adhere to strict quarantine measures at the border. NO DECISION has been made to close down schools and colleges- ‘according to Nepal Immigration’