- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Equipments
Sundarijal is one of the most famous destinations around Kathmandu for a trip. It is located very near from Kathmandu, yet the environment makes you feel excited and deep into the nature. Sundarijal is a good place to visit in itself. The fresh Bagmati river flows through Sundarijal and there are several places to visit. Beyond Sundarijal, there is a super awesome hiking route to Chisapani. Chisapani is a centre for several other trekking and hiking destinations.
This hike is best for turned into night stay trip. The hike from Sundarijal to Chisapani takes about 4-5 hours, so it is tiresome to return on the same day. In Chisapani, staying there the night and returning back next day, is perfect. You can also enjoy beautiful sunrise from there the next day morning. There are lots of hotels and lodges so there won’t be much problem to stay there. Also, you can camp over there and enjoy.
Chisapani is a centre for lots of other trekking and hiking destinations. There is a trekking route for Langtang trekking and Gosaikunda trek that starts from Chisapani. Also, you can hike to Nagarkot from Chisapani and extend the trek in more exciting way.
Eventually, Chisapani trek to Nagarkot it takes about 6-7 hours. Walk through the descent jungle to Chauki Bhanjyang then continue flat and uphill trail leading toward the Nagarkot. Probably Nagarkot is one of the best sunrise and sunset spot. Evening sunset view and early morning sunrise view is the most fascinating and amazing view reflecting rays of sun to the White Mountains stand in north and east side including Mt Everest in far distance. Last day trek through Nagarkot to Changu Narayan is takes about 3 hours walk. The trek route leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to Changu Narayan Temple, where beautiful views of the village of Sankhu and the Bhaktapur area.
Day 1, - Drive to Sundarijal and Hike to Chisapani: 5 hours
Day 2, - Hike From Chisopani to Nagarkot : 7 hours
Day 3, - 4 hours Hike from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan and 1.5 hours drive back to Kathmandu
- Drive to Sundarijal and Hike to Chisapani: 5 hoursEarly in the morning, we wake up in our hotel room and kick-off on a drive to Sundarijal. It is a marvelous place, mostly influenced by the Buddhist culture, as you can see prayer flags and monks- in maroon costume- all around. We begin our hike to Chisapani from this point. Sundarijal to Chisapani follows a scenic route, along the unstoppable stone stairs that continues up to Chisapani. It is a pleasant walk through the woods of rhododendron. Firstly, we will head on towards the entrance of Shivapuri National Park, which shows us a further way to Chisapani. And then, we will continue walking along the beaten trail, until Chisapani, for the next couple of hours. The route is well-defined, and the surrounding vistas are incredibly awesome, which makes this hike so popular among the domestic travelers as well. It takes about 5 hours to reach Chisapani from Sundarijal. Chisapani is a Sherpa hamlet, overlooking gorgeous mountains of Langtang and Gaurishankar region. Especially, the evening sunset view is greatly admired from this viewpoint. During the peak seasons, Chisapani is crowded by trekkers, hikers, and holiday travelers from all around the world. Stay at one of the lodges at Chisapani for the overnight stay
Hike From Chisopani to Nagarkot : 7 hoursAs most of the hikers do, we will wake up at the crack of a dawn to hike towards Nagarkot. Today, the trail is quite physically demanding because it takes about 7 hours to arrive at the hill station of Nagarkot. But, no worries; the sceneries are brilliant enough to make you forget the exhaustion. Most part of the trail until Nagarkot is through the forest of the Shivapuri National Park. This setting is completely natural and pure, enough to drag your mind, body, and soul into that wilderness. For the lunch, you will stop at Chauki Bhanjyang, and then continue your walk up to the Nagarkot. Nagarkot is a fantastic viewpoint to witness the spectacular sunrise from behind the far-reaching mountain panoramas. So, you will make your stay at one of the lodges at Nagarkot.
4 hours Hike from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan and 1.5 hours drive back to KathmanduBefore commencing our hike, you will have this golden chance to enjoy the amazing sunrise at Nagarkot. On your third day of the hike, you will reach Changunarayan. This is an amazing ancient village that is popular for the Changunarayan temple. Changunarayan temple is UNESCO listed world heritage site. Stone and wood carved art around and in the temple is a sure treat for you and your lens partner. After visiting the Changunarayan temple, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
– Three times meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner). Tea/coffee only included in breakfast during the trek.
– Accommodation during whole trek in clean teahouses and twin-share rooms with beds with normal foam mattress,
blanket and pillows included but shared bathroom and toilet. (Simply basic accommodation but best in those towns).
– Experienced English-speaking Trekking guide: Govt. Trained/Licensed holder and his salary, foods, transportations, insurance, and accommodations.
– Shivapuri National Park fee,
– Trekking poles if needed.
– For day hike taxi Jamacho Hike day
– Kathmandu to Sundarijal by Car
– Changunarayan or from Nagarkot to Kathmandu by nice Car
• Personal Insurance for your travel to Nepal.
• Emergency Rescue/Evacuation
• Local permits and donations
• other personal equipment which are not mentioned above.
• Personal Expenses, Batteries and Telephone calls, Liquor, hot water, Mineral Water, extra meals, extra drinks and Soft Drinks, Hot Shower charge at trekking lodges
• Tips at the end of the trek for guides
No Details Found