- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Trip Equipments
Mardi Himal is a challenging and beautiful 4-day trek in the Annapurna region that offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan mountain range. It’s a lesser-known route compared to the famous Everest Base Camp trek or Annapurna Circuit trek.
Mardi Himal used to be the lesser-known trek in Annapurna Sanctuary to see quite a lot of people hiking this route was a bit of a surprise for us. There are still fewer people on this route than on the Poon Hill, Annapurna Base Camp, or Annapurna Circuit but it’s definitely not as off the beaten trek as it used to be.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Preparation for trek,meeting with guide and full Day sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath & Pasupatinath - Hotel
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m), explore lakeside in the evening (7hrs drive).
Day 04: Drive to Kande, trek to Forest Camp (2,540m / 8-9 hrs).
Day 05: Trek to Low Camp (3,035m/ 4 hrs).
Day 06: Trek to High Camp (3,590m / 4 hrs).
Day 07: Hike to Upper View Point (4,200m), back to High Camp (4.5 hrs).
Day 08: Trek to Landruk village (1,560m / 6.5 hrs).
Day 09: Trek to Nayapul (1,070m), drive to Pokhara (7 hrs / 1 hrs drive).
Day 10: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (7 hrs drive).
Day 11: Departure
Arrival in KathmanduUpon your arrival in the Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by a representative from Apex Himalaya Treks (AHT). After completing your custom formalities (Visa, etc) pick up your luggage and look for our representative with Apex Himalaya Treks display board at the arrival gate. You will be then transferred to your hotelnearby Thamel as per your requirement. Thamel has great food from all over the world, fabulous shopping and Durbar square with its several temples and markets are nearby Thamel. Overnight at hotel. Includes: Accommodation,Transportation
Preparation for trek,meeting with guide and full Day sightseeing of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath & Pasupatinath - HotelAfter breakfast, your day will start for sightseeing of three Popular UNESCO Heritage sites of Kathmandu Valley with your professional tour guide. Our first destination for sightseeing will be at Buddhanath (the biggest & Largest Buddhist Stupa in the World).Stupa of Bouddhanath epitomizes Buddhism. In this Area, you will visit a Buddhist Monastery and stop for a lunch. If the weather is clear you will get glimpses of the mountain ranges close to Kathmandu, particularly Mt Ganesh Himal from the restaurant location. Your guide will enlighten you with detailed historical and cultural information about the place. After Lunch, we will visit Hindus temple Pasupatinath, one of the holiest temple for Hindu religion people. After this you will visit Living goddess home and Kathmandu Durbar square. Locally, this old royal palace area is called Basantapur Area or Hanuman dhoka Durbar Square. It normally takes 5 hours tour to visit all these 3 monuments within Kathmandu city. - Entrance fee for these UNESCO site should be paid in Nepali currency. We suggest you to carry some Nepali money while sightseeing. - Please cover your shoulders and while sightseeing - To show gratitude and respect, use both of your hands rather than one when giving or receiving something, even money. It seen as a gesture of respect. - Remove your shoes when entering a home, temple or monastery (and leather items in Hindu temples) - Remember not to point with a single finger but use a flat extended hand especially to indicate a sacred object or place. Meeting time at 3pm in your hotel with our office representative and he/she will help you to meet with your trekking guide. Your trekking guide will help you for shopping and collecting remaining equipment for the trek. Includes: Breakfast, Transportation ,Accommodation
Drive to Pokhara (820m), explore lakeside in the evening (7hrs drive).We start our day early in the morning to catch a tourist bus at 7 am, we then set off for Pokhara via Nepalese country side that offer green hills, river, farms etc. After a 200 km and around seven hours drive we reach Pokhara (a city of Lake, literally); a city that offers us the magnificent view of various mountains namely Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Fishtail and other mountain of Annapurna range. Do some last minute shopping and self exploration around the town (walk around few lake, boating etc). Includes: Breakfast,Accommodation,Transportation
Drive to Kande, trek to Forest Camp (2,540m / 8-9 hrs).We have time for our breakfast before we start our drive to Kande. Kande is on the top of a hill near Pokhara offers some views of Himalayas. From here we will start our trek approaching Pothana first. The trail is enjoyable throughout the villages. We will have some views of villages in the horizon. Continuing further will take us to Pitam Deurali, our lunch stop. We will taste the first mountain meal in Deurai and continue further to Forest camp. The trail is mostly inside the green forests of oak, maple, hemlock and rhododendron. The section includes some ups and downs and takes about 3-4 hours to reach Forest Camp, a small village with few guest houses. Forest camp is known as Kokar among local people. It is a difficult walk from Pitam Deurali to Forestcamp. Includes: Breakfast, Lunch ,Dinner,Accommodation,Transportation
Trek to Low Camp (3,035m/ 4 hrs).We will have to walk inside the forest for another day but as we reach higher the vegetation changes with more rhododendron trees. This is another pleasant day for us letting us walk in the peaceful route. The trail is steep at the beginning however changes to gradual climbing after awhile. We will have some random views of snowy Himalayan peaks. The views of Machhapuchhre peak is superb from Low Camp. This is very small places with only couple of lodges opened for providing basic meals and accommodation to trekkers. Includes: Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner, Accommodation
Trek to High Camp (3,590m / 4 hrs).We have another pleasant walking here with stunning views of close Himalayas in front of us. As we climb higher the route also becomes open and spacious as there is no forest anymore. The trail continues through grasslands of high region with occasional rhododendron trees. Spotting the beautiful bird called Himalayan Monal; also known as the impeyan monal, impeyan pheasant and danphe in Nepali is easy around here. This is a colorful Himalayan bird represented as the national bird of Nepal. Finally, we will arrive to High Camp to spend a night here. Includes: Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner, Accommodation
Hike to Upper View Point (4,200m), back to High Camp (4.5 hrs).We will wake up early in the morning before the sun rises. The plan is to watch sunrise over the Himalayas. We will then return back to lodge where we will be served with our breakfast. We have time to rest before we start hiking up to the upper view point for magnificent views of close Himalayan peaks. The trail heading to Upper View Point is well marked through the grassland involves few steep sections. In overall this is moderate walk, not too easy and not too challenging as well. In summer season this area is full of yaks and sheep along with several yak herder's huts. There are some narrow and steep trails that extensive care is required. Includes: Breakfast,Lunch ,Dinner, Accommodation
Trek to Landruk village (1,560m / 6.5 hrs).We take a separate route to Landruk village. This is huge village that is on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. We will come to a junction that separates us between the trail heading to Low Camp on the left and Landruk on the right so we take the right one. Descending further will again bring us back inside the forest where the trail is so peaceful and quiet. Turning one and another circles we will then reach Landruk village for overnight stay. Includes: Breakfast,Lunch ,Dinner, Accommodation
Trek to Nayapul (1,070m), drive to Pokhara (7 hrs / 1 hrs drive).We descend down to Modi River before we start walking on the next side. The trail is pretty flat all the way to Nayapul with small and short gradual ups and downs. We will be walking on the right of Modi Khola until we reach Birenthanti, where Modi Khola meets Bhurundi Khola coming from another side. Here we will cross the river once again making the Modi Khola on our right. In about 30 minutes from Birenthanti we will reach Nayapul from where we will catch our transportation that will take us to Pokhara for overnight stay. Includes: Breakfast,Lunch ,Transportation, Accommodation
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (7 hrs drive).After breakfast, we leave for tourist bus station at 7 am from hotel. It is smooth ride for 7 hour to Kathmandu. Upon your arrive, you will be transferred to hotel. Free time is for shopping and other individual sightseeing in Kathmandu, specifically Thamel. - If you want fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu, 30 mins flight then we can upgrade upon to your request Includes: Breakfast, Accommodation, Transportation
DepartureOur team will ensure that you are transferred on time to the airport for your flights if you are departing Nepal. Includes: Breakfast,Transportation
01. Three Meals normal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) without tea/coffee expect breakfast during the trek.
02. Fruits every evening after dinner as a desserts
– Domestic Airport picks up & drops by private vehicle.
– Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu in a tourist bus fare.
– International pick-up and drop in a private vehicle
– Tourist bus station pick-up and drop
– Sightseeing in Kathmandu in Private vehicle
– Pokhara to Nayapul in a private vehicle (starting point of trek)
– Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara in a private vehicle (ending point of trek).
– Clean tea-house accommodation during the whole trek.
– Three night accommodation in Kathmandu in a decent hotel @ Truly Asia Boutique or similar with breakfast basis.
– Two night accommodation in Pokhara in a decent hotel @City Inn or @ Hotel Orchild
– Accommodation during whole trek will be in clean tea-houses, twin-share rooms beds with normal foam mattress and pillows included but shared bathroom and toilet.
– One government license holder English speaking Guide and his food, accommodations, salary, insurance,equipment, medicine and transportations.
– Porter in the ratio of 2 client:1 porter and their accommodation, transportations and salary(A porter will carry max load 20-25 kg). Water proof duffle will be provided for you to put your luggage from us.
– Professional tour guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
06. Permits and official arrangement
– Annapurna conservation permit (ACAP)
– Trekker’s information management system(TIMS) card fee.
– Travel & Rescue arrangements.
– All our government taxes, VAT and official expenses.
– Trekking Poles
– Water proof duffle bag of 80 liter for your trekking equipment (which meant to be carried by porters)
– Trekking T-shirt
– Gaiter for high passes or during winter (December to February)
– Spikes for high passes or during winter (December to February)
01. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
02. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, tips, etc.,
03. All beverages and bar bills.
04. Local permit, donations personal equipment.
05. Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5545 meters).
06. Personal trekking equipment except stated above.
07. Entrance fee while doing sightseeing around Kathmandu
08. Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances that is beyond Apex Himalaya control.
09. Tips for guide and porter at the end of the trek
No Details Found